October 2018 – August 2019
Imagine eating clean food with friends grown by a supportive community. The Mullumbimby Community Gardens is 3 ha of award winning gardens, as voted by ABC Australia in 2014, 6 years after its creation. Gardening together to grow spray free food and preparing it for the local community to eat. Local grown food that has low food miles reducing the environmental impact of production. Wholesome spray free food… for community meals provided by the Mullumbimby Community Gardens Harvest Kitchen
What We Need
The current camp kitchen was only meant to be temporary. It was mainly built as a shelter for the earth oven created eight years ago. A building was built and approved by council as a community Harvest Kitchen. A water tank has been installed and the grey water system has just been finished. What we need are the funds to finish these projects—
- Plaster for the ceiling
- Sealing the floor.
- Doors and windows to be acquired and fitted.
- A solar system to be installed
- Sinks need to be plumbed
- Stainless steel benches with wheels to be built
- And shade sails for people to sit under to shelter from the blazing summer sun
A Beltane ritual to celebrate the life-force, passion and the weaving of community.
Beltane is halfway between the Spring Equinox & Summer Solstice, a time of warmth, growth, fertility and the eroticism of life.
This ritual is fully participatory, held in the Reclaiming style. All welcome. Kid-friendly.
Please bring with you:
– A piece of natural, native fibre to contribute towards a community weaving (ie lomandra, palm leaf, etc)
– Gold coin donation (for the Community Gardens)
– Drums or other instruments
– Water, hat, chair – as needed
– Food to share for after the ritual, plus cup/plate etc, as needed.
You are invited to wear bright, colourful clothing, to celebrate the season.
This is an all-weather event.
We plan to start at 4pm, please arrive slightly earlier.
Meet at the bamboo structure – to the right, after entering the Community Gardens.