August 2018 – August 2019
It’s time for Mullum Community Garden’s end of the month “Gathering”
– Come and meet with your fellow gardeners.
This month we will be learning about enhancing soil fertility with Kaye, our Biodynamics expert and then we will share in a delicious light meal from the garden.
All Welcome. Members and kids are free, visitors are asked for $10/$5 concession to help cover costs. (Of course they are welcome to join as a member on the day!!)
Hope your can make it.
We all know that the kitchen is the heart of the home.
The Harvest Community Kitchen can be the heart of the Mullum Community Garden too.
.We need to upgrade our kitchen facilities at the garden, and our recent survey and feasability study have identified community support to expand the cooking activities at the garden. We could do:
- “plot to plate” cooking classes,
- preserving workshops,
- hospitality training,
- expand our lunch program,
- Friday night dinners with a multi cultural focus,
- fundraising activities including a catering service,
and how about having coffee at the garden while your kids play in the Children’s Garden?
The possibilities are amazing.
If you are interested in supporting this project or learning more please come along to the meeting on
Saturday 25th August at 2pm (after the Gathering”).
Imagine eating clean food with friends grown by a supportive community. The Mullumbimby Community Gardens is 3 ha of award winning gardens, as voted by ABC Australia in 2014, 6 years after its creation. Gardening together to grow spray free food and preparing it for the local community to eat. Local grown food that has low food miles reducing the environmental impact of production. Wholesome spray free food… for community meals provided by the Mullumbimby Community Gardens Harvest Kitchen
What We Need
The current camp kitchen was only meant to be temporary. It was mainly built as a shelter for the earth oven created eight years ago. A building was built and approved by council as a community Harvest Kitchen. A water tank has been installed and the grey water system has just been finished. What we need are the funds to finish these projects—
- Plaster for the ceiling
- Sealing the floor.
- Doors and windows to be acquired and fitted.
- A solar system to be installed
- Sinks need to be plumbed
- Stainless steel benches with wheels to be built
- And shade sails for people to sit under to shelter from the blazing summer sun
A Beltane ritual to celebrate the life-force, passion and the weaving of community.
Beltane is halfway between the Spring Equinox & Summer Solstice, a time of warmth, growth, fertility and the eroticism of life.
This ritual is fully participatory, held in the Reclaiming style. All welcome. Kid-friendly.
Please bring with you:
– A piece of natural, native fibre to contribute towards a community weaving (ie lomandra, palm leaf, etc)
– Gold coin donation (for the Community Gardens)
– Drums or other instruments
– Water, hat, chair – as needed
– Food to share for after the ritual, plus cup/plate etc, as needed.
You are invited to wear bright, colourful clothing, to celebrate the season.
This is an all-weather event.
We plan to start at 4pm, please arrive slightly earlier.
Meet at the bamboo structure – to the right, after entering the Community Gardens.