Mullumbimby Centre for Sustainable Living and Environmental Education Inc.(MCSLEE) is an incorporated non-profit umbrella organisation, of which the Mullumbimby Community Garden is a project. It is governed by a Board of Management that is elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. All members, volunteers and members of the public are encouraged to attend and vote.
The Board of MCSLEE is responsible for the legal and financial responsibilities of the organisation. It works collaboratively with Principal Co-ordinator facilitating general organisational operations and is responsible for giving final approvals regarding new projects and budgets.
2012-2013 Board members:
- President (Sarah Jane Potts, far right),
- Secretary (Cherie Hughes, middle),
- Treasurer (Martin Hartmann, 2nd from right),
- Public Officer (Martin Hartmann, 2nd from right),
- Principal Coordinator (Jeannette Martin, 2nd from left)
- Members Representative (Greg Dutton, far left).
The Board members meet monthly generally on the second Monday of each month. Members are welcome to attend. Minutes are circulated via the MCG e-newsletters and can be made available on request.
Site Management Team
The Site Management Team is a group of regular volunteers who meet monthly to discuss and decide on issues to do with the day-today operations of the Mullumbimby Community Gardens.
This dynamic team currently consists of (from left to right):
- Volunteer Coordinator- Pippy Wardell
- Chooks -Cecile Charrue
- Site Manager -Terry Gray
- Membership/Communications-Anneke de Graaf
- Compost & Food For All-Eva Matthews
- Education- Andrew Carter
- Nursery- Tim Bowden
- Permaculture -Sharon Gibson
- Biochar- Rameshwar Drew
- Events Coordinator- Sainttina de Moleay (not in photo)
- Principal Coordinator- Jeanette Martin (not in photo)
The team meets on the last Saturday of each month at the gardens 2pm. Members and volunteers are welcome to attend. Minutes are circulated via the MCG e-newsletters and can be made available on request.