View the HTML Version
What’s on at the Mullum Community Gardens this week? How can you get involved?
MCG weekly update April 15th-22nd
Dear Friends of Mullum Gardens,
Here’s your weekly update of “Whats On” at the MCG this week…
Check out our new facebook site, follow us, like us, share us and enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mullumbimby-Community-Gardens/424223888008?ref=hl
We also have a new (voluntary) DAILY SUPERVISOR ROSTER (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/DAILY_SUPERVISORS.doc) so volunteers will have a contact person and someone to delegate priority jobs their way every day of the week! (except Sundays). You can see the roster HERE (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/DAILY_SUPERVISORS.doc) so you know who’s on what days. See you soon. 🙂
Don’t miss out on all the fun, despite the mud and rain, there’s still plenty going on.
* New Volunteer Opportunity: Are you a flower gardener? We’d love you to help plant out a beautiful flower bed between the girls and guys poo palace at the gardens. Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Pippy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
* Allotment holders- . James Nash, our voluntary allotment manager has been contacting allotment holders when their plots need maintenance. However, there are a few people who are not contactable, please be aware that if your plot is looking neglected, and has been for a while, it may be reallocated to people on the waiting list, as outlined in the allotment agreement. If you know your plot is likely to be one of these, please email james and let him know what your plans are at email@example.com.
* Please Note: James is currently away in New Zealand but will be back in a week, so please be patient if he hasn’t gotten back to you. .
* Tuesday communal lunches are now a minimum donation of $2 for the lavish spread. This will help sustain Pippy and help replenish supplies so that we can afford to keep it going 🙂
* We need people interested in the children’s garden to come forth and join the POD, contact Jeanette on 0412 322 255
* Anyone with good photos from the community garden, events, workshops, their plots etc, please send them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be incorporated into the new website which is currently been built. ·
* Affordable Hairdressing- trims and easy cuts by appointment and by donation contact Cecile on 0434 156 117
* French lessons coming to the gardens- contact Cecile for more information on 0434 156 117
* Board (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Board_minutes11_03_13.pdf) & Onsite (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/OMT_Minutes_300313.doc) Management Team meeting minutes available here from the two meetings last month.
WANDERING DEW, Commelina cyanea is on the rampage at the gardens. It is a native plant and serves a purpose in the right place but in the vegie patch it can be a nightmare. Please pull it out around your plots and anywhere else you come across it in the gardens and dispose of it properly. Pippy has set up piles covered in black plastic so ask her if your not sure where to put it. Here’s a photo to help identify it…
Wandering Dew, Commelina cynea
Yoga 9.15-10.15am, $5 donation, deceptively simple, ‘seduces’ your body no forcing, Contact Pippy 0421 926 785
Volunteers Day with Communal Lunch at 1pm for a $2 donation. Contact Pippy 0421 926 785
Qi Gong 9:15 -10:15, gold coin donation to assist the biodynamic pod.
We do a Korean form called the Eight Treasures, It is a
sequential system approximately 1000 yrs old. Contact Kaye 6684 4248
Mums & Bubs play group is back on Tuesday mornings 10am -12pm. This is an informal play
group for mothers and toddlers who would just like to get together in the garden to play and have fun.
Participants can also stay till 1:30 and have lunch with the volunteers (for a donation).
The office is open from 10am-4pm, so Tuesdays are also a great day to come down and sort out allotment,
membership paperwork or payments.
Mums & Bubs Permaculture 8-11am with Sharon Gibson
Mums & Bubs Permaculture II 8-11am with Sharon Gibson
MCG office is open 11am onwards, Pippy is onsite for volunteers and members of the public.
Photo: Revamp of Montse’s Plot
Photo: Gordo’s watermelon
2012 Mullumbimby Community Garden Inc, All Rights Reserved
Our Mailing Address is: PO BOX 149 Mullumbimby, NSW 2482
** unsubscribe from this list (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=61babf9eab)
** update subscription preferences (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID])
Sent to <<Email Address>> — why did I get this? (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage2.com/about?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=61babf9eab)
unsubscribe from this list (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=61babf9eab) | update subscription preferences (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID])
Mullumbimby Community Garden · Stuart Street · Mullumbimby, NSW 2482 Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp