View the HTML Version
What’s on at the Mullum Community Gardens this week? How can you get involved? Read on…
Dear Friends of Mullum Garden,
Here’s you’re weekly update for Monday 17th- Monday 24th. Happy Gardening 🙂
** THIS WEEK’S ACTIVITIES…
SUNDAY 16 (tomorrow)
Natural Beekeeping Workshop II – $50 p/h
Contact Kat email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) to book – Filling fast See Flier HERE (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/bee_keepers_ws.pdf)
LAST Volunteers lunch for 2012 (for volunteers or by donation) @ 1pm, All Welcome, Contact Volunteer Coord: Pippy on 0411 835 663
The office is open from 10am-4pm, so Tuesdays are also a great day to come down and sort out allotment, membership paperwork or payments.
Qi Gong 9.15-10.15am ($2 donation), @ MCG, Contact Kaye 6684 4248
Volunteers Day with Sharon Gibson and the permacultrue POD, come along, help out and learn from Mullums local budding permaculturalist guru’s, Text Sharon on 0434 190 730.
Mens Shed POD meeting @ MCG 5pm
Humane Rooster Harvesting workshop (see ‘Upcoming Workshops’ below for more details)
8 am-12 noon
22 Stuart Street, Mullumbimby
Cost: $55 workshop (includes taking chicken home)
Christmas lunch @ MCG at 1pm $12 per person
Contact Sharon on 0434190730 or e: email@example.com
Onsite Management Committee Meeting 2.30pm, Contact Sainttina 0402 170 846
Byron Community Exchange Market & Picnic
Contact Vivienne to book stall space firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)
* There will be no Volunteer lunch on Tuesday 25th (next Tuesday)
* First Volunteer lunch of 2013 will be held on Tuesday the 8^th of January 2013. (Thanks Pippy, you’re a legend!)
* Tools have been ‘borrowed’ and so far not returned to the MCG tool shed. These tools were recently bought and donated by a kind volunteer, if you know or have heard of four pick axes suddenly appearing, please let us know. Without tools, we can’t work the garden and small jobs become HUGE ones. Please RETURN ALL TOOLS to the MCG tool shed EVERY time you have finished with them so the next person doesn’t have to spend their valuable time looking for them.
* Food scraps for baby roosters (including cooked food, bread etc) please throw them over the fence in the permaculture garden.
* Also, please keep kids out of the chook cage in the permaculture garden unless Sharon, Andrew or Cecile are there as we have had a few escapees.
* Minutes from all MCG General and Committee Meetings are available on request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) with the subject line “Committee/General Meeting Minutes Request” if you’d like to receive them.
* Bales of straw available onsite for $5.50. Please pay using the FFA donation boxes, so mulch can be delivered regularly by Byron Tree Service.
* Biochar is now available at the Safe Seeds Shed $10/kg.
Image: Children’s garden working bee 2012
Dec 22^nd Humane Chicken Harvest Workshop
Learn how to humanely harvest and dress a home grown rooster just in time for Christmas lunch. The roosters for the workshop have been raised humanely and currently live in the permaculture backyard at the MCG. Harvesting our own home grown roosters provides a sustainable protein source and is a humane solution to the problem of excess roosters. Each participant will be fully supported and guided through the process of killing, plucking and dressing their chicken before taking it home.
The workshop will be followed by a communal Christmas lunch at the Mullum Gardens where the extra chickens will then be cooked over the coals of a fire and eaten alongside produce grown at the community garden. (the lunch and desert will be $12, not included in the workshop cost).
Bookings for workshop and RSVP’s for Xmas lunch, Contact Sharon Gibson on 0434 190 730 or e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: Georgie, one of our resident artists
Dirt Club-School Holidays, January 2013
Cheri and Saintina will be running holiday activities for children, called Dirt Club! See program details HERE (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Dirt_club_program.doc)
Wednesdays 9^th 16^th& 23^rd
Plus every day, gardening, picking, cooking, eating, mini bush walks and games.
Cost:$20 1/2 day / $30 full day, Conc for families.
2012 Mullumbimby Community Garden Inc, All Rights Reserved
Our Mailing Address is: PO BOX 149 Mullumbimby, NSW 2482
** unsubscribe from this list (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage2.com/unsubscribe?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=98251bb6e6)
** update subscription preferences (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID])
Sent to <<Email Address>> — why did I get this? (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage1.com/about?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=98251bb6e6)
unsubscribe from this list (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage2.com/unsubscribe?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=98251bb6e6) | update subscription preferences (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID])
Mullumbimby Community Garden · Stuart Street · Mullumbimby, NSW 2482 Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp