View the HTML Version
What’s on at the Mullum Community Gardens this week? How can you get involved? Read on…
Dear Friends of Mullum Gardens,
Here is your weekly update with a few extra reminders for events coming up after this week…
Our AGM is on November 14^th and we’d love to have you there (see calendar below for details). The organisational structure of MCG will be changing to meet DGR status (Deductible Gift Recipient) to attract more funding opportunities. With this structural change there are a number of volunteer positions available which will help the gardens run more efficiently and sustainably. Click on POSITIONS AVAILABLE below to see position descriptions and if you are interested in one or more of the positions fill out a NOMINATIONS FORM (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Nomination_form_2012_13.pdf) and hand it into the office or email it to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) BEFORE Wed 14^th November.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR 2012-2013- (CLICK ON LINKS TO SEE DESCRIPTIONS)
BOARD (MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
1) President (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/President.doc) , 2) Treasurer (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Treasurer.doc) , 3) Secretary (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Secretary.doc) , 4) Members Representative (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Members_Representative.doc) , 5) Public Officer (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Public_Officer.doc)
STRATEGIC PLANNING TEAM
1) Strategic POD description (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Strategic_Planning_POD.doc)
1)Accounts Manager (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Accounts_Manager.doc) , 2) Book keeper (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Bookkeeper.doc) , 3) Membership Coordinator (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Memberhsip_co_ordinator.doc) , 4) Chief Communications Officer (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Chief_Communications_officer.doc) , 5) Allotments Manager (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Allotments_Manager.doc) , 6) Volunteer Coordinator. (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Volunteer_Co_oridnator.doc)
ONSITE MANAGEMENT TEAM
1)Site Manager (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Site_manager.doc) , 2) Site POD description (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Site_POD.doc)
1)Promotions POD description (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Marketing_and_Promotions_POD.doc)
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
1)Research & Development Description (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Research_Development_POD.doc)
Click here to see the Draft ORGANISATIONAL CHART (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Mcslee_MCG_Org_Chart_Draft.doc) (Draft) (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Research_Development_POD.doc)
* MCG AGM is on Wed 14th Nov ALL WELCOME. Position descriptions above, please check them out and fill out a nominations form (link above) for expressions of interest.
* Natural Bee Keeping workshop has been postponed until November 18th. See next weeks update, or last weeks newsletter for more details…
* Minutes from all MCG General and Committee Meetings are available on request. Please send an email to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Committee/General Meeting Minutes Request” if you’d like to receive them.
* Bales of straw available onsite for $5.50. Please pay using the FFA donation boxes, so mulch can be delivered regularly by Byron Tree Service.
* Biochar is now available at the Safe Seeds Shed $10/kg.
Loretta & Stephanie preparing seeds for festival sales
** THIS WEEK’S ACTIVITIES
MCG Committee Meeting (date TBC)
Volunteers Day with Communal Lunch (for volunteers or by donation) @ 1pm, All Welcome, Contact Volunteer Coord: Pippy on 0411 835 663
The office is open from 10am-4pm, so Tuesdays are also a great day to come down and sort out allotment, membership paperwork or payments.
Qi Gong 9.15-10.15am ($2 donation), @ MCG, Contact Kaye 6684 4248
Volunteers Day with Sharon Gibson and the permacultrue POD, come along, help out and learn from Mullums local budding permaculturalist guru’s, Text Sharon on 0434 190 730.
Office is open 11am onwards, Pippy is onsite for volunteers and members of the public.
1^st Saturday of every month- Biochar charring 1pm
4th Saturday of every month- MCG General Meeting 11am-12.30pm
** WHAT’S ON NEXT WEEK?
Presentation and demo on Mycellium,10.30am @ MCG
Come learn how to set up and grow shittake mushrooms at the MCG.
CHOOK PEN EXTENSION WORKING BEE 10-3pm
Our last Chook POD working bee was a huge success! Thanks to our helpers and artists Georgie and Sainttina for their art work, the shed looks beautiful! Last working bee we fixed the nesting boxes, planted out one section of the pen with ‘old women’s meet and gossip’ cabbage, wheat, silver beet and spinach and the garden out the front of the pen was planted with corn, beans and zucchinis. Shade cloth was hung on the pen, penny royal planted outside the pen to use as a mite repellent in the nestboxes and some new beautiful artwork has spruced up the shed.
Our next working bee, we will be EXENDING THE PEN on the south side on November 13th, 10am to 3pm, everyone welcome! Put it in your diary.
We’ll appreciate all your help on that day, it’s a big project !
Come along with family and friends, lunch provided as every Tuesday for volunteers !
Contact Cecile on 0434 156 117
MCG Annual General Meeting 6-9pm
Civic Hall, Mullumbimby ALL WELCOME, dinner, nibblies and tea and coffee provided.
MEETING OF THE ELDERS @ Elders Rotunda 10am-11.30pm
If you are 55 or elder, come gather to discuss the direction, design and approach to growing and developing the elders garden, surrounding the elders rotunda. We want this to be a special, comfortable and relaxing place for our elders to meet, socialise, garden and enjoy which means we need your input and guidance.
Bring a plate, something to share, tea and coffee provided RSVP to Pippy 0411 835 663.
Natural Bee Keeping @ MCG 10am-4.30pm
Taking about 15 people only, so bookings are required
You will learn:
* About bees
* How the hive works
* Safety aspects of working with bees
* Pests and diseases of bees
* Natural beekeeping
* Top Bar Hive
* Demonstration of building hive boxes
* Building frames
* Attaching wire and foundation to the frames
* Where to and how to set up a hive
* Ways of Introducing bees to your box
* Opening a hive
* Looking for brood, honey, queen cells, drone cells
email: email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
2012 Mullumbimby Community Garden Inc, All Rights Reserved
Our Mailing Address is: PO BOX 149 Mullumbimby, NSW 2482
** unsubscribe from this list (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=ce61b65d6e)
** update subscription preferences (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID])
Sent to <<Email Address>> — why did I get this? (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/about?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=ce61b65d6e)
unsubscribe from this list (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=ce61b65d6e) | update subscription preferences (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID])
Mullumbimby Community Garden · Stuart Street · Mullumbimby, NSW 2482 Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp