View the HTML Version
What’s on at the Mullulm Community Gardens this week? How can you get involved?
Hi Garden Lovers,
Here’s your friendly weekly update from the Mullum Gardens. Firstly, a few announcements, then the line up for the week and upcoming courses.
* There’s only two weeks to go before our Annual Festival (Sat 27^th). There’s much to do and not much time so please help out wherever you can. Check out our festival poster here “Living Soil and Food Festival Poster” (http://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b/files/Mulum_Gardens_Festival_V3.pdf) ! If you can help distribute these posters, contact Sainttina on 0402 170 846.
* This Saturday (tomorrow) the MCG office will be closed as Pippy will be attending the CSG Free rally in Murwillumbah (a very worthy cause), so we’ll let you off this week Pippy 🙂
* Coal Seam Gas Free RALLY Sat 13^th Murwillumbah Showgrounds, 10am for the march,1pm for the free concert.
THIS WEEK AT THE GARDENS…
* Volunteers Day with Communal Lunch (for volunteers or by donation) @ 1pm, All Welcome, Contact Volunteer Coord: Pippy on 0411 835 663
* Ganesh puja in the Garden 8am with Prahlad and Pippy followed by chai and sweets. It is very low key however all are welcome. Ganesh is the elephant god whose influence helps to dissolve obstacles in your path. A puja to Ganesh precipitates any major works or undertakings, such as the festival.
* FOOD FESTIVAL PREPARATION-10-1pm, 1-4pm at the MCG
1. Elders Rotunda Beautification any donations of climbing plants, herbs, decorative flowers and sturdy but comfortable outdoor furniture are welcome.
2. Safe Seeds-in the Sales Area, Preparation for seed sales; collection, cleaning, sorting, packing, labelling
3. Smart Arts – in the Learning Curve Creating and painting: Flags for on site, signage, artwork mural on toilets, festival signage for Stuart Street All workshops are easy sit down, undercover, water, tea and lunch provided @ 1pm, chat and work together in a creative volunteer environment.
These workshops will be running again next week on TUES 23 & WED 24 (one week prior to festival) if required. Email Sarah Jane @ email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Qi Gong 9.15-10.15am ($2 donation), @ MCG, Contact Kaye 6684 4248
* FOOD FESTIVAL PREPARATION, 10-1pm and 1-4pm, Communal lunch provided at 1pm
1. Safe Seeds-in the Sales Area, Preparation for seed sales; collection, cleaning, sorting, packing, labelling
2. Smart Arts – in the Learning Curve, Creating and painting: Flags for on site, signage, artwork mural on toilets, festival signage for Stuart Street. email Sarah Jane @ email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Volunteers Day with Sharon Gibson, come along, help out and learn from Mullums local Permaculture Queen, Text Sharon on 0434 190 730
MCG GENERAL MEETING 11am – 12.30pm (special date due to festival).
All Welcome. Come along and contribute. Tea and nibblies after.
SATURDAY 20^th – SUNDAY 21^st
Wild Feast Cooking Workshop
Mullumbimby Community Gardens 10am-3pm,
Wild Feast is a weekend cooking, eating and celebration using produce directly harvested from the garden and forest. Andrew Carter and Bunya Halasz share their passion for local, fresh, organic seasonal abundance and sustainable cooking techniques. Learn the art of eating in the Here and Now.
Cost – $100.00 (Conc $90.00). Additional materials cost of $15.
Bookings (http://www.acebyron.org.au/index.php?action=course&course_action=list&cat=LIVING+%26+WORKING+SUSTAINABLY&subcat=WILD+FEAST )
Enquiries – (02 6684 3374)
SUNDAY 21^st- International Seed Freedom Fortnight of Action
Seed Savers is holding an Open Garden Day
Demonstrations of growing and making your own curry powder/paste ingredients, Perennial vegetables, seed collecting, self-seeding plants, and root crop staples, See seven types of clumping bamboo, some with delectable shoots, Herbal teas (we are a teabag-free zone) from the garden, Chickens and mulberries as companions, Orchard planted in themes of continent-of-origin.
All designed on Permaculture principles. Tours every half hour (on the hour and on the half-hour) with Michel or Jude Fanton.
Where: 13 Old Bangalow Road, Byron Bay.
When: 8am – 3pm.
UPCOMING COURSES/ EVENTS
Mum and Bub Permaculture Course with Sharon Gibson
23th Oct- 27th Nov
Come and learn permaculture and organic gardening in a baby friendly setting.
We will learn the basics of growing food using permaculture principles.
Topics covered include the foundations of organic gardening, compost basics, natural pest control, no dig gardening and much more. Our morning will be guided around the needs of the little ones so we will start with practical projects in the morning and then come into the deep shade to continue as the day heats up.
Come and get started with some practical hands on learning experience.
Sharon has been practicing permaculture for 20 years a great deal of this time as a stay at home mum. She understands the yearning mothers have to be growing abundance for their children.
Time: 7am -10am
Date: 6 Tues mornings 23th Oct – 27th Nov
Course held at the MCG and other venues. Call 66843680 for more info.
2012 Mullumbimby Community Garden Inc, All Rights Reserved
Our Postal Address is: PO Box 149 Mullumbimby NSW 2482
** unsubscribe from this list (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=9c582da07e)
** update subscription preferences (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID])
Sent to <<Email Address>> — why did I get this? (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage1.com/about?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=9c582da07e)
unsubscribe from this list (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID]&c=9c582da07e) | update subscription preferences (http://wordpress.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=e2d39506a7a20e224ef6aaa5b&id=bd855510e5&e=[UNIQID])
Mullumbimby Community Garden · Stuart Street · Mullumbimby, NSW 2482 Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp